Sunday 23 February 2014

Not all those who wander are lost

"All that is gold does not glitter" by J.R.R. Tolkein is an interesting poem,
But I'd agree with it, just because we wander, just because we search for something does not mean we are lost. We can go in search of new tides, new places, without losing the place at which we are moored, without losing our centre and the place to which we are bound.
Today I wandered, and recently I have been feeling lost, but only for I forgot to where I am moored, I forgot where I call home, in my search for somewhere new, something different, I forgot I had a place to call my own, and this place is the one to which I should return,
At least every once in a while.

"Deep roots are not touched by the frost" to make those roots takes time, and over time we can forget, but I remember now, I remember where I came from.

And as much as I'd like to think of myself as a bird, free from a nest and open to exploration, I need to land sometimes, and I need to go home. Even if just for a little while, I need to go back in order to be able to move forward,
Everyone needs a grounding point, and I've found it again, so from now on, here's to home.

No comments:

Post a Comment