Monday 16 December 2013

Piercings and Life

Hello world,
This week has been a hectic week for me, to keep a long story short, I was incredibly busy with a theatre show from the 1st to the 6th (Friday) of December, then I got up the next day and went to the library and studied for 10 hours, and repeated this until my first exam on the Wednesday, had a break that day, went back to the library at 7am the next day, and had my last two exams on the Friday.

So you could say I've had a busy fortnight, except that the week before that I had an essay to write, and the week before that I had a theatre festival to help run. So free time isn't a thing I've had in my life for a while. Yet here I am with *nothing* to do until University starts again on the 13th, a whole month of *free time.
*though several of those days are already full of things, to the point where I've had to make a rule that I shall not do anything during the week between Christmas and New Year.

Interesting things though, the second I found myself with free time, I went and got my ear pierced and my hair re-dyed. So now I truly look the picture of an arts student; helix piercing, tattoo, red hair, leather jewellery and most of the clothes I own are black (a side effect of all the theatre I do...promise...)

Having now had both my cartildge pierced and foot tattooed I can say, with some authroity, that it really isn't that painful, like seriously, I would happily go and get more of each. Sure it's no trip to the spa, but it's also not the most painful thing you've ever experienced.

Anecdote from the piercing place:
I got both my tattoo and piercing done in the same place, and both times I got the weirdest and most wonderful compliments in my life, tattoo "you have really great skin for this, your skin is made to be tattooed" and when getting my ear done, I was told I had "great cartalidge" and "must have been well fed as a child"
It's wonderful, as are the people that work there.

Any ways, I don't think there was really a point to any of this, other than to say that I went and did things now that I have all this free time.

PS I may decide to write reviews of things, from books and films to makeup, so if that sounds interesting then let me know,

OK, bye xx

No comments:

Post a Comment